Part-time San Francisco Engineering
To Part-time Coconut Peel’s mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future, Coconut Peel needs engineers from a breadth of disciplines. We need engineers to help us intelligently scale our backend infrastructure, to optimize pricing in realtime given localized supply and demand data, to accurately predict future localized demand, to create delightful and intuitive UX flows for passengers and drivers, to improve our cloud infrastructure orchestration and monitoring, to optimize dispatched driver-passenger pairings based on real-time data and real-world edge cases, to build tools increase the efficiency of our customer service team, and more.
WORK ON A PRODUCT THAT PEOPLE LOVE
- Help us build the large-scale, distributed, highly-available, real-time transportation network of the future. Coconut Peel engineers work on projects that will surprise and delight millions of amazing Coconut Peel drivers and passengers.
WORK WITH AWESOME PEOPLE
- Friendly, self-driven, and passionate about the work they do.
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
- Every day, your work should improve the lives of Tooride drivers and passengers.
- Leave code better than you found it
- Move fast and move smart: Developers ship code on their first day. We have all the tools and engineering best practices to make shipping code fast and safe (automated testing, CI, realtime monitoring and alerting, autoscaling, etc)
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code. Quickly.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.)
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
- Experience with MongoDB or MySQL query optimization
- Experience with scaling and orchestrating AWS deployments
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform and Google Maps API
- Experience with mobile development
- Previous work with social networks
- Contributions to open source projects
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation